Search This Blog

Saturday 2 August 2014

George Doel Kither Plaisted b.1904

I actually thought I had posted about this gentleman.  It seems I haven't.

George Doel Kither Plaisted was born in Whangarei, New Zealand in to Ernest Philip William Plaisted and Emma Jane Harris.  He was their fourth son and it seems he was a bit of a scoundrel during his life time.

His eldest brother  Ernest Arthur died in world war one.  Richard William Plaisted is my husbands great grandfather.  He married at age 17 to Eileen Gladys Gillbanks.  He also tried to get into the army though being underage he was dismissed.

David Plaisted sadly died as a baby.

I'm not sure what happened with George, he was certainly a bit of a lad in his youth with many minor court cases in the local newspapers.  He was with Richard (who'd left his wife accusing her of infidelity) and two other friends when they decided to steal  a car, of course they were caught and fined.  George is also accused of smashing plate glass windows and causing disturbances.  

I'm not sure what year Gorge went to live in Sydney, it was around 1935 ish.  Even here he couldn't stay out of trouble.  Along with an associate he was accused of murder of an underworld figure.  They were both sent to trial and so far I've not been able to find the results of the trial.  I do have later reports in the 1940s and 50s of him been fined.

In 1931 George Doel Kither Plaisted married Carol Stella Cuthbertson, In New Zealand.  I have never manged to find any children of this marriage.  In fact she is never even mentioned in any of the news reports that George was involved in.  George Plaisted died in 1967 in Sydney, Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment